Network and Threat Support Specialist
Annapolis Junction, MD
Perform analysis to support cyber operation. Apply knowledge of network fundamentals, open-source tools, and current implementation of those technologies in order to devise all-source analytic/ collection strategies to pursue access and exploitation of targets. Perform all-source intelligence analyses of cyber activities to identify entities of interest; determine malicious behavior; and recognize emergent patterns and linkages to visualize the larger picture of cyber-based operations. The analyst should also have familiarity with malicious code (malware) and transmission schemes so as to perform technical analysis against target systems and networks, characterize target network capabilities and vulnerabilities, and support development of new techniques. Produce technical intelligence reports in support of programs and provide expertise and leadership to the team in the development of analytical models and assessments. Duties may include writing forensics and/or incident response reports, investigating computer attacks, and extracting data from electronic systems and training team members on analysis, tools or reporting.
- 6 continuous years of work experience in network and vulnerability analysis or a related field OR a Bachelors Degree in a hard science or related area AND 3 continuous years of network and vulnerability experience.
- Work experience must include 3 years of network and vulnerability experience within the DoD/IC.
- Must have strong network background (network protocols and network vulnerabilities).
- Strong leadership with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated success with leading results oriented projects.
- Self motivated, creative, willing to work as a member of a team, organized and able to manage individual schedule.
- Proficient with internet research and interpreting complex information.
- A current government clearance, background investigation, and polygraph are required.